Kitten Egg/Rice Shaper and Cutter Set
This bento kit includes everything you need to create the cutest kittens from egg or rice, and nori. A great healthy addition to the lunchbox or dinner plate for little egg or sushi lovers. The cutters include 2 different faces, plus paw details so you can get really creative with your designs! The cutters can also be used on cheese and deli meats.
This kit includes:
- 1 cat mould (10 cm x 7 cm x 5 cm)
- 1 nori cutter plate (12.5 cm x 7 cm x 0.8 cm)
- 1 silicone sheet for the nori cutter (4.5 cm x 7 cm x 0.3 cm)
Made from Polypropylene, ABS (food safe plastic), and silicone. BPA free. We recommend handwashing this product. Not microwave- or dishwasher-safe. Imported from Japan.
To make a kitten egg:
- Hard boil your egg as usual, peel while still hot, then pop the egg into the mould and close lid. Wait until egg is cool (or place the shaper in cold water for a few minutes). Cut out the cat's features from nori using the cutter and press onto the egg. So easy and cute! We find that size 6 and 7 eggs work the best.
To make a kitten rice ball:
- Scoop cooked rice into the shaper. Close the lid and press down firmly. Tip out. Cut out the cat's features from nori using the cutter and press onto the rice ball.
To create the desired 'stickiness' for moulding rice, we recommend using the absorption cooking method (1 cup rice to 1.5 cups water). Rinse the rice under water, add to cold water and bring to the boil. As soon as it boils, turn temperature to lowest setting an allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
Sushi rice will work best, but any rice is fine.We mix in 3 Tablespoons of sushi vinegar into the rice before moulding.
You might also like these...