Need to quickly whip up a batch of muesli bars for the lunchbox? These no-bake energy bars filled with dates, nuts, and oats are a breeze to make, so get the kids in the kitchen to help you too!
➡️ YOU'LL NEED:
- 10 dates
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1.5 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used slivered almonds as that's all there was in the cupboard)
- 1/4 cup seeds (I used sesame seeds but sunflower would be good too)
➡️ WHAT TO DO:
1. Put dates in a small bowl & cover with boiling water for a few mins to soften. Drain, then chop finely.
2. Place peanut butter, honey, & spices in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 mins until smooth and combined.
3. Put oats, nuts, & seeds in a large bowl, add chopped dates, & pour in peanut butter mix. Mix well to combine.
4. Press mixture into greased, or greased & lined 20cm x 30cm swiss roll pan. Refrigerate for 4 hours until firm. Cut into bars.
This is a super forgiving recipe - you can add your own combo of spices, nuts, seeds, sultanas, dried apricots, glace ginger etc for endless variations!
Our quick and easy no-bake energy bars are pictured in our B.Box Mini lunchbox and large Tapas Yumbox Lunchbox. I also used our vehicle sandwich cutters, glitter mini food skewers, & silicone cups all from our online store.