These are brilliant for the lunchbox or school holiday snacks! Recipe from my favourite foodie Nadia Lim Makes 12 muffins.
2 cups plain flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp celery salt (optional)
1/2 cup grated cheese
1 tin whole corn kernels, drained (or use fresh corn while it's in season!)
1 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
100g cream cheese (feta is a great alternative)
3-4 Tbsp pesto
1. Pre-heat oven to 190C. Lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tray.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, & celery salt into large bowl, then stir in the cheese, corn, & toss to combine.
3. Whisk eggs, milk, & oil together, then pour wet ingredients into dry & fold together until just mixed.
4. Half-fill muffin holes with mixture, then place a small tsp each of cream cheese (or a small cube of feta) & pesto in the middle of each one. Cover with remaining mixture.
5. Bake for 15-20 mins or until puffed, golden & spongy when tapped on the top.
6. Cool for 5 mins before removing from tin.