Refined-sugar free and no fat/oil except for avocado! This yummy recipe from One Handed Cooks makes a beautifully moist loaf that tastes like banana cake and is perfect for school lunches. The family all thought this was fantastic - even my avocado-hating daughter (didn't tell her what the green bits were!). This will definitely be a new lunchbox staple in our house as a great alternative to muffins.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
HERE'S HOW YOU MAKE IT:
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius and grease and line a 23x13cm loaf tin.
2. Place the flours, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl and stir to combine.
3. Mix the eggs, banana, avocado, honey and vanilla in a separate bowl. (Heat the honey a little first if it is not runny.)
4. Add the banana avocado mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
5. Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and bake in oven for 45 mins or until top is golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. If the loaf is browning too fast, cover with foil for the remainder of cooking time. Allow to cool in the tin for 5 mins, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and serve, or freeze in individual portions. Yum!
[alphabet cutters and flower garden food picks in photo are available from www.thelunchboxqueen.co.nz]
Share this post